Thursday 3 April 2014

31st March 2014 - twelve months have passed!!

Where has the time gone? It’s hard to believe it was 12 months ago, on 31st March 2013, that we set off on our journey around the world. I first thought of taking on 'the journey' about the beginning of September 2010. After all the hard work getting organised, and the journey itself, we finally arrived back home about the same time, three years later. I suppose I was lucky, it all worked out fine in the end, although, I have to say, it made me a bit more of an old man in the process. I had my prostate removed when I got back, now on the road to recovery, apart from potty training ie teaching myself to use the toilet, instead of weeing myself!!!!!!

It just goes to show what you can do if you have the energy and determination to succeed. It’s what I wanted to do and although I upset the family a bit at the time, which saddened me, they got over it.

Think about yourself for a moment, doing nothing and inactivity, is not an option as you get older by the day. There are challenges out there for everybody, you will be surprised by what you can do if you put your mind to it! 

That reminds me, for those who are a bit ambitious and would like to follow in my footsteps, one of our Suzuki Jimnys is for sale.


ONE CAREFUL OWNER!!

The Ultimate Challenge 2013, Suzuki Jimny kitted out and ready to go. 

First registered 17-4-2012 mileage 22,000 (around the world!!)
Reg No LCO3SUZ

Basically a standard vehicle apart from:
  • Steel rims and Cooper All Terrain tyres
  • Up-rated spring and shocks
  • Front free running hubs
  • S\S braided hydraulic brake fluid lines to front
  • Engine sump guard
  • Heavy duty steel bumpers, front bull bar, spare wheel gate rear
  • Aluminium roof tray, with secure fuel storage
  • 4x10ltr fuel cans
  • 2 spare wheels complete and unused, additional two new tyres
  • Fitted out for two people, storage compartment fitted, some camping and road equipment
The brave little Jimny is in very good condition and will take you anywhere. We're looking for £8,500 and that will be added to the charitable fund. 

If you're interested, email me at lescarvall@hotmail.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear you are doing well Les, long may it last.
    Good luck with selling the 'Jimny' I'm sure it will be a hard to see it go after such a time together.

    atvb Terry

    ReplyDelete